Forrester published their Wave report for Cloud Enterprise File Sync and Share, placing Microsoft OneDrive in the “Leaders” position. In addition to being positioned as a Leader, Microsoft was ranked highest in current offering and tied for second in strategy.
The Forrester report stated that “Microsoft offers comprehensive collaboration” and OneDrive “delivers workplace productivity, file sharing, and content management capabilities that are increasingly powered by cognitive content services.”
This recognition demonstrates Microsoft’s
commitment to customers by ensuring that OneDrive provides the best file sharing and collaboration capabilities, including:
- Best with Office 365—OneDrive is included with your Office 365 subscription and is the only solution that enables you to edit and co-author Office documents across browser, mobile, and desktop apps—along with intelligent discovery and insights powered by the Microsoft Graph.
- Support for a broad range of file types— Store any file type and, in addition to Office files, now can view over 270 file types, including Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Illustrator (AI), Acrobat (PDF), as well as video, 3D formats, and DICOM images.
- Security and IT confidence— Office 365 leverages Microsoft security capabilities such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP), eDiscovery, Customer Key (BYOK), and data retention controls with consistent management across Office 365.
- Deployment flexibility—Customers can choose their deployment model— 100% cloud, hybrid. Customers moving to the cloud can leverage discounted or no-cost deployment, adoption, and migration services.
- Cloud leadership and compliance—With 100+ global datacenters and Microsoft’s global network edge—combined with compliance standards, including ISO 27001, AICPA SOC 1/2/3, FISMA, FedRAMP, FERPA, EU Model Clauses, and contractual commitments to the GDPR—and trusted enterprise-grade compliance and security.
Beyond today’s great news from Forrester, at Microsoft Ignite, the product team shared over 100 new features delivered in the past year, including: Files On-Demand, secure external sharing without an MSA, file preview support for over 270 different file types, and updates to highly rated mobile applications.
Every day more and more large (Accenture, Lowe’s, Rackspace, and DBS) and small (Laird Norton, and Spectrum Development Solutions) businesses turn to Ofice 365 for secure file sharing and collaboration from anywhere, on any device.